Happy tastes good® around the world with our famous DQ®Treats and delicious food!
Our International franchise opportunity is available to those interested in multi-unit development within a designated country or territory. We are currently developing both our DQ® Treat & our combined DQ® Treat and Food concepts in select countries outside the United States and Canada.
Attributes of a successful International DQ® Franchisee:
- Passion and commitment to the brand and the operation of a business with the highest of standards
- Ability to lead, mentor, train and develop a strong team of people
- The financial and management resources to support the projected business plan and operation
- Commitment and ties to the local community that help drive local store marketing efforts
- Strong supply chain knowledge that includes distribution, product procurement and import/export capabilities
- Knowledge of the local real estate market and the strategic development process
- Business acumen and experience
- Prior restaurant management experience (QSR preferred - if the franchisee group lacks this experience, he or she can partner with or hire capable individuals who do)
- Ability to have a corporate structure in place to manage a successful multi-unit country/territory development
|Area Fee||One-time, up-front payment for the exclusive development rights of "units" for a territory. *Amount dependent on location and size of territory.|
|Franchise Fee/Unit Opening Fee:||
DQ® Treat: USD $15,000 for each unit opened.
DQ Grill & Chill®: USD $35,000 for each unit opened.
|Royalty Fee:||5% of gross sales per month.|
|Marketing/Sales Promotion Fee:||5% of gross sales per month to be used for promotional expenditures in the market.|
|Transfer Fee:||USD $100,000.|
|Term:||15 years + option to renew for an additional 10 years.|
|Liquid Capital Requirement & Net Worth Requirement||Must have liquid capital available to fund the first three years of development and a minimum net worth of USD $10M. Liquid capital amount varies due to the specific market and market potential.|
Our International development process takes an average of 18-24 months from inquiry to store opening. This timeline can vary depending on the country of interest. *The information provided above is for reference only and is subject to change at any time at the discretion of ADQ.
A strong, lasting business relationship is built on communication. One of our corporate goals is to help our franchisees grow their sales and profits. We have a team of people working hard to help you accomplish this goal!
- Franchise Development helps you evaluate the market area, find a location and develop your new unit.
- Our Architecture and Design team assists your local architect and design team through the store design and construction process.
- Our Supply Chain and Research and Development team helps leverage the buying power of the DQ® brand.
- Training and New Store Opening Teams help you train your crew and open your new unit.
- Area Managers offer Operations support for your store.
- Regional Marketing Directors oversee marketing plans and assist with local marketing initiatives that build the DQ® brand and increase brand recognition throughout your market.
Hot Spots for International Development:
- New Zealand
If you are interested in multi-unit development in one of our Hot Spot locations AND you meet the preliminary qualifications listed above, contact us at InternationalDevelopment2@idq.com
Markets we are currently in and are not available for additional development:
Western Hemisphere/Caribbean/Central & South America:
- Cayman Islands
- Trinidad & Tobago
Markets not available for development at this time:
DQ® International Franchise Development
Learn about franchising all around the world with DQ®