International DQ® Franchise Opportunities
Happy Tastes Good® Around the World
Our international franchise opportunities are available to those interested in multi-unit development within a designated country or territory. We are currently developing both our Dairy Queen® Treat & our combined DQ® Treat and Food concepts in select countries outside the United States and Canada.
Attributes of a successful International DQ® Franchisee:
- Passion and commitment to the brand and the operation of a business with the highest of standards
- Ability to lead, mentor, train and develop a strong team of people
- The financial and management resources to support the projected business plan and operation
- Commitment and ties to the local community that help drive local store marketing efforts
- Strong supply chain knowledge that includes distribution, product procurement and import/export capabilities
- Knowledge of the local real estate market and the strategic development process
- Business acumen and experience
- Prior restaurant management experience (QSR preferred - if the franchisee group lacks this experience, he or she can partner with or hire capable individuals who do)
- Ability to have a corporate structure in place to manage a successful multi-unit country/territory development
|Area Fee||One-time, up-front payment for the exclusive development rights of "units" for a territory. *Amount dependent on location and size of territory.|
|Franchise Fee/Unit Opening Fee||DQ® Treat: USD $15,000 for each unit opened.|
DQ Grill & Chill®: USD $35,000 for each unit opened.
|Royalty Fee||5% of gross sales per month.|
|Marketing/Sales Promotion Fee||5% of gross sales per month to be used for promotional expenditures in the market.|
|Transfer Fee||USD $100,000|
|Term||15 years + option to renew for an additional 10 years.|
|Net Worth Requirement||USD $10M|
|Liquid Capital Requirement||Must have liquid capital available to fund the first three years of development. Liquid capital amount varies due to the specific market and market potential.|
A strong, lasting business relationship is built on communication. One of our corporate goals is to help our franchisees grow their sales and profits. We have a team of people working hard to help you accomplish this goal!
- Franchise Development helps you evaluate the market area, find a location, and develop your new unit.
- Our Architecture and Design team assists your local architect and design team through the store design and construction process.
- Our Supply Chain and Research and Development team helps leverage the buying power of the Dairy Queen® products around the world.
- Training and New Store Opening Teams help you train your crew and open your new unit.
- Area Managers offer Operations support for your store.
- Regional Marketing Directors oversee marketing plans and assist with local marketing initiatives that build the DQ® brand and increase brand recognition throughout your market.